Have you ever had a banana with peanut butter? If you haven’t, I highly suggest you do. It is soooo delicious, but having that combination along with chocolate is even better!!! 😀 This week on Pinterest, I looked for a frozen dessert that I have never tried before. Instead of trying a common dessert like ice cream, I thought of trying a dessert that involved some type of fruit. I searched: frozen fruit desserts and found a pin called Chocolate Covered Frozen Banana and Peanut Butter Bites! =D Not only did it look appetizing, but it was made out of the things I enjoy eating most! This recipe was found on Pinterest but came from Not Enough Cinnamon
3 medium-ripe bananas, sliced
1/4 cup peanut butter (I used smooth PB)
10 oz baking chocolate (I used semi- sweet chocolate chips)
(1) Arrange half of the banana slices on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Spread with peanut butter.
(2) Top with the other half of banana slices and freeze for about one hour.
(3) While the banana /peanut butter bites are in the freezer, prepare you chocolate dip. I put the chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl and then put it in the microwave for 15 seconds and kept doing cycles of 15 seconds until the chocolate completely melted and was nice and smooth.
(4) Remove bites from the freezer and dip them into the chocolate dip. You have to work quickly before the bites start to thaw and get mushy.
(5) Once all banana bites have been covered with chocolate, put them back in the freezer for at least 3 hours and then they will be ready to be served.
After trying one of the bites, the first thing that came to mind was “I should have made some more!” Delicious is not even close enough to describe how good they are. What I liked about this dessert was that it was easy to make, I did not have to spend a lot of money to make it, and it actually tasted really good. So the next time your in the mood for trying something new or just want to surprise your guests with a yummy dessert I suggest you give this recipe a shot. Nothing beats having a healthy frozen dessert! 😉